Skip to Main Content
2016-07-24 12:40 am (UTC)
- PIKES AND THOMASES ON VACATION TOGETHER!This book was clearly written for me alone.
- I find it so weird that Kristy is described as messy. If they needed a messy character to clash with Dawn, pick Claudia! I could totally buy that! Kristy is so organised and switched on that I find it hard to buy she'd have a messy bedroom. I also find it a little weird that Dawn is chosen as the neat one? IDK.
- lmao Mallory and Mary Anne "lunging" for Vanessa because she's so slow they have to do her laces up for her.
“Look for people wearing goofy bathing caps and laugh at them,” said Jordan.
I'll go with you, Jordan.
- I love Mary Anne's fascination with how well girls fill out their bikini tops.
- Aww, Mallory's first chapter! :D
- Ugggh a Karen chapter.
- UGH KAREN. I really just can't stand her. I find nothing about her endearing, she's such a brat and the fact that she's forgiven for it in the narrative all the time bugs me SO MUCH.
- SHE GETS AWAY WITH THE MANICURE AND THE COKE, WHAT THE FUCK
- The secret admirer stuff is realllllly creepy :/
- Awww, Watson taking David Michael off and teaching him how to swim! Somebody please write fic of this, it's ADORABLE. I love Watson & Thomas kid stuff.
- Omg YES, giant ocean storm on the ship. I literally remember nothing about this but suddenly everyone is staggering around and I just want all the fear/reassurance/hurt/comfort stuff, PLEASE DELIVER IT TO ME, BOOK
- ... okay so there wasn't much fear/reassurance but Stacey looking after Claire and Margo was pretty adorable.
- FLYING BANANA
- KRISTY ONCE AGAIN BEING SILENTLY INDIGNANT ABOUT A MAN'S PANTS NOT MATCHING HIS SHIRT = AMAZING
- OH MY GOD, KRISTY MAKING FRIENDS WITH THE GRUMPY OLD MAN. Kristy I love you so much ♥
- Awww the treasure hunting chapter is adorable!!
- Omy why is the little random "the McGills have a ping pong table in their basement" fact SO AMAZING to me?
- Awww Margo and Claire making friends with Marc and playing video games! ADORABLE.
Dawn and I didn’t dare to argue with Claudia. We started to unpack our things. Since we weren’t talking, I switched on the TV. “Hey!” I said immediately. “We get cable here!”
“Really?” exclaimed Dawn, who doesn’t have cable TV at her house in Connecticut. “Hey, maybe we’ll get, you know, some movies we’re not allowed to watch.”
“R-rated?” I suggested, my eyes growing wide.
OH MY GOD
- Watson pocketing the key from the mini bar is a bit of a buzz kill. YOU'RE A MILLIONAIRE, MAN. YOU CAN AFFORD $2.50 CHIPS.
- Oh my god ANOTHER Karen chapter? I'm not sure I even have the strength. Also WTF are Watson and Elizabeth thinking agreeing to take her and Andrew on the Haunted Mansion ride, COME ON GUYS
- David Michael going off with Charlie and Sam at Disney World... I NEED ALL OF THE FIC
I begged to be allowed to go off on my own again.
“Your own?” said Dad, frowning. “You really want to go on rides by yourself? Wouldn’t you have more fun with some of your brothers and sisters – or even your old dad?”
I'LL VISIT DISNEY WORLD WITH YOU, MR. PIKE, AND WE WILL RIDE THE CAROUSEL TOGETHER
- The whole Alexandra/MA friendship thing is weird. YOU'RE NOT FRIENDS, MARY ANNE
- AWW I love that the boys find real treasure and it turns out to be Dawn's bracelet!
- ANOTHER Karen chapter?! ANOTHER ONE?! REALLY?! UGH
- GOD SHE'S SUCH A BRAT, UGH
- Omg Kristy and Mr. Staples.
He smiled sadly at me. “You’re one in a million, kiddo,” he said gruffly.
“Aw, come on. I bet you say that to all the girls.”
♥ ♥ ♥
- REALLY disappointed in the illustrations in this one. They're MEANT to be photos, why don't they at least have semi-realistic drawings, like the front cover? Was also disappointed to get to the end and not see a little collage of photos put together of the BSC, like we get in later books. But the book was adorable throughout.
....except for Karen. :p
Reply to this
Thread from start
Post a comment in response:
If you don't have an account you can
create one now
HTML doesn't work in the subject.
Check spelling during preview
Links will be displayed as unclickable URLs to help prevent spam.
Log in with OpenID?
Forget your password?
Site and Journal Search
Buy Dreamwidth Services
Gift a Random User
Site and Account