Skip to Main Content
2016-07-10 09:43 am (UTC)
- I find the whole "ooh, don't tell Kristy" thing when Dawn's dad sends her the shirt really weird. Is nobody else allowed to talk about their dads now? :/
- Mary Anne says she 'barely remembers' her mother - I had always assumed Alma had died when Mary Anne was too little to have memories of her. This suddenly blows the angst meter WAY higher.
- Stacey doing her Porky Pig impression! ♥
- I love the gross SMS lunches and the reactions to them haha. I also love that Kristy won't hold back on describing it in gross detail, but she refuses to confirm if Mary Anne still smells like gym class. "*I'm* not going to smell you!"
- Mary Anne is in love with Logan at first sight? Jeez, Stacey was in love with Scott at first sight - SLOW DOWN, GIRLS.
- Mary Anne describes Kristy's old house as a 'split level' - is this true for her own house, and Claud's? WHY DO I FIND THIS SO FASCINATING? It doesn't gel with my mental images of the neighbourhood at all and suddenly I'm brimming with new ones and I LOVE IT.
Kristy’s mother (who used to be Mrs. Thomas and is now Mrs. Brewer)
Ooh confirmation that Elizabeth dropped Thomas. Is she referred to as Mrs Thomas-Brewer in the later books? I always thought she'd hang onto the Thomas to keep the connection to her kids. (That's what my mum's reasoning was after my parents divorced.)
- Awww Mary Anne's first bra! And she has a crush on a BOY. She's growing up :')
- Omg poor Claud getting all overwhelmed with the new calls coming in. Stupid rich neighbourhood jerks, CALL DURING CLUB HOURS, THEY'RE ON THE FLYER.
- Noooooo phonetic accents
- Aww, she runs home to make sure she looks nice for the meeting. I'm so nervous for her! This is a much less jerky crush than Stacey/Scott. Mary Anne's sudden interest in boys is much more interesting to me than Stacey gushing over some jerk lifeguard :P And she gets so nervous and flustered! Aww.
- CLAUDIA NEARLY SAID BRA STRAP IN FRONT OF A BOY *GASP*
Kristy reached over and picked up the phone, somehow managing not to take her eyes off Logan.
I CANNOT STOP LAUGHING AT THIS IMAGE
- Mariel Rodowsky omg another parent first name yesss this read through has been such a gift.
- "I gotta show you guys my grasshopper. His name is Elizabeth."
Oh my GOSH ♥ JACKIE ♥
- "You have a pretty smile."
LOGAN LIKES MARY ANNNNNE
- 'Toshe me up' is one of the cutest things ever, awww.
- Aw, Claudia wondering how she'd handle the stickers fiasco, because Gabbie had only wanted to make her door beautiful, but it was still going to take a lot of work to get them off.
- As the owner of a black lab, who is now very old and ploddy and sleepy, the Chewy chase made me laugh ♥
I used the phone upstairs, just in case Dad should come home early. I sat in the armchair in his room holding a slip of paper in one hand. Logan’s number was written on the paper. I took ten deep breaths. I was trying to calm down, but the breaths made me dizzy. I think I was hyperventilating. I stretched out on Dad’s bed until I’d recovered.
lmao awwww Mary Anne ♥ ♥
The Remember September Dance was on a Friday. Dad had not only given me permission to go with Logan, he’d seemed happy about it. In fact, he’d given me his Bellair’s Department Store charge card and told me I could buy a new outfit.
When he handed me the card, his eyes looked sort of teary. I hugged him tight.
SPIER FEELS ♥
Dad dropped the five of us off at school at precisely 7:25.I leaned over and kissed his cheek. “ ‘Bye,” I said. “Thanks for driving us.”
“Have fun, honey.”
MORE SPIER FEELS
- Lmao I love that Mary Anne describes everyone's outfit and at the end she just adds "we just can't seem to get Kristy out of blue jeans" hahaha
- lmao aw I'd forgotten her shoe flies off! Poor MA.
- Oh gosh, Louie foreshadowing :( :(
- Poor Mary Anne :( I used to suffer so terribly from anxiety I can totally relate to her fleeing that birthday party. And then the guilty/silly feelings she gets afterward :( When I was in the midst of a panic attack I'd always run away. Once I threw all of my belongings into my car and drove to my mum's house in the middle of the night, and only once I'd calmed down did I realise how stupid I was. Ughhh poor MA :(
- Omg Richard agreeing to the cat and Mary Anne flinging herself at him to hug him I LOVE THEM SO MUCH.
- Everyone in this book loves Smash - no U4ME yet!
- That toy dinosaur sounds like the most dangerous toy EVER :/
- This book was ADORABLE
Reply to this
Thread from start
Post a comment in response:
If you don't have an account you can
create one now
HTML doesn't work in the subject.
Check spelling during preview
Links will be displayed as unclickable URLs to help prevent spam.
Log in with OpenID?
Forget your password?
Site and Journal Search
Buy Dreamwidth Services
Gift a Random User
Site and Account